Term 3 @ The Writer’s Club 2017
A Journey Through Genres
Elizabeth Honey’s ‘The Book of Little Books’ is the inspiration behind this term’s writing adventures. Who knew that little books come packed with so many big writing ideas? Each week, a miniature book becomes the key to exploring a different genre. We’ll explore a range of genres from script writing, poetry, personal narrative, mystery and works of fiction. Different genres allow us to develop and extend our writing style. Script writing, for example, generates vivid mental imagery as we need to ‘see’ and ‘hear’ the scene to write it. Poetry allows us to recognise patterns and rhythms in words and phrases. Personal narrative reminds us that our own lives provide rich material for writing. Although the writing genres will vary from week to week, one thing is for sure: this term we’ll push our creativity to the limit! Can we finish six pieces of writing in six weeks? The challenge lies before us.
- Oakleigh PS on Wed afternoons: August 16th – Sept 20th, 2017
- Oakleigh Venue: Oakleigh Primary School, 20 Warrigal Rd Oakleigh 3166
- Children can arrive from 3.30pm for storytelling and chats
- Workshop starts at 4.15pm – 5.45pm
- Some writing is required at home between workshops.